With their satellite system from Airbus Defence and Space, customers tap into an extensive repository of capacity building options, ranging from full in-orbit delivery to satellite data storage solutions.
More Than “Just” Satellites
For more than a decade, customers around the World have appreciated close and long-lasting partnerships with Airbus Defence and Space. The company offers comprehensive solutions going far beyond “just” satellites – including:
- Satellite control: the complete ground segment and related infrastructure
- Training on satellite operations
- Direct receiving stations (DRS), equipped to receive data from one satellite (single-satellite solution) or several satellites (multi-satellite solution)
- Satellite data storage, management, access and distribution solutions
- Automated data processing tools
- Imagery services through access to our own Earth observation constellation, from contract signature until or even beyond the delivery of a customer’s own satellite
- Academic training on space technology
- On-the-job training throughout all satellite development and validation steps
- Training on satellite image processing and remote sensing applications
- Complete AIT-Centres: necessary infrastructure to enable in-country assembly, integration and testing of satellites
- Full in-orbit delivery of the satellite, including launch services, all related insurances as well as early in-orbit operations
- Hotline support and maintenance throughout the satellite’s lifetime
The capacity building programmes are fully configurable to meet each individual customer’s specific demands: Airbus Defence and Space offers the right capacity building programme for every customer.
Today, comprehensive programmes are running in Algeria, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Peru and the United Arab Emirates.
Airbus Defence and Space is also is the preferred supplier when it comes to know-how and technology transfer: since 1991, more than 1,000 participants from 25 countries have successfully participated in its training and capability building programmes.